For over a decade, American Water Resources (AWR) has helped customers protect themselves against unexpected repair costs with affordable protection for service line emergencies. We currently manage over 1.9 million service contracts — including water line, sewer line, in-home plumbing, and interior electric line — across the country for homeowners, utilities and municipal customers. AWR strives to provide hassle-free repairs, exceptional customer service, professional local contractors, and peace of mind. For more information on our commitment to our customers, visit Our Commitment to You.
AWR is a market based subsidiary of the largest investor-owned utility company in the U.S., American Water. Founded in 1886, American Water employs more than 6,900 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to approximately 15 million people in 46 states, as well as Ontario and Manitoba, Canada.
AWR provides homeowners with the comprehensive protection, services and support you need in case of a service line problem:
- One-call problem resolution AWR handles obtaining all the required permits, proposals and inspections
- Fast-response service specialists are available by phone 24/7/365
- One-year warranty on all repairs
- Independent, local plumbing contractors provide prompt, professional service
- Proven and trusted provider, AWR is an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ Rating and services over 1.9 million customer contracts nationwide and was as the official service line protection provider for several cities across the country
- Happy customers – 97% of customers are very satisfied with the overall value of our program