Democratic Municipal Officials Digest
Week of 7/27/2020
Join the DMO Policy Council and Sukhi Samra from the Stockton Economic Empowerment Demonstration to discuss a local guaranteed income. Wednesday, August 5th at 3pm ET, 12pm PT.
- DemDaily: The Convention Calendar is Up! – Keep track of every event the week of the Convention.
Ideas for Cities
- What Some Cities Are Doing To Keep Guns Away From Domestic Abusers – Many cities can partner with federal and state governments to better report domestic abuse during background checks, or to confiscate firearms after a domestic abuse incident.
Messaging – Campaign Messaging with Vic Fingerhut
- Despite COVID and the George Floyd tragedy, traditional views of the strengths and weaknesses of the two parties (remarkably) persist in the attitudes and political perceptions of the critical swing electorate.
- Healthcare, framed correctly, still has a powerful pro-Democratic valence — as it did in 2018…and as it has for years.
- “Managing the economy” and “managing the economic recovery” (framed in these macro management terms) do not work.
Advisory Board Updates
- Tell Congress to Fund the Front Lines: Pass State and Local Aid Now – A toolkit from AFSCME on calling for local funding.
- OpenGov Webinar: Getting Back On Track With Strategic Budgeting and Transparency – Make use of the financial strategy documents discussed in this webinar.
News for Democrats
Pic of the Week