As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. Our advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 72.6 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit www.t-mobile.com.
The speed and capacity of our network allows us to offer “America’s Best Unlimited Network” to our customers. Our advancements in network technology and our spectrum resources ensure we can continue to increase the breadth and depth of our network as the industry moves towards 5G.
- T-Mobile continues to expand its coverage breadth and covered 322 million people with 4G LTE at the end of 2017.
- By the end of 2018, we are targeting a population coverage of 325 million and a geographic coverage of 2.5 million square miles.
- We offer the fastest nationwide 4G LTE upload and download speeds in the United States. This is the 16th consecutive quarter we have led the industry in both categories, and this is based on the results of millions of user-generated speed tests.
- In Q4 2017, T-Mobile was the first U.S. carrier ever to exceed 30 Mbps average download speeds, with 31.6 Mbps.
- OpenSignal, the global standard for measuring consumers’ real-world mobile network experiences, named T-Mobile as the winner in five categories in its most recent “State of Mobile Networks USA” report, including mobile download speed and LTE availability.
More information about our award-winning network can be found here on the T-Mobile website.
Diversity & Inclusion
T-Mobile has the most diverse employees and customers in wireless – and it’s a huge competitive advantage. Our diversity and inclusion improves business performance and drives innovation and growth. We embrace diversity and inclusion. Not just because it’s the right thing to do. It helps us break down barriers and rewrite the rules. By being incredibly diverse, we more easily relate to our incredibly diverse customers. It means we can keep coming up with brilliant ideas that push our business and move our industry forward. It’s simple: an inclusive company is a great company.
In 2017, John Legere signed on with 150 top CEOs to the CEO Action for D&I to formalize T-Mobile’s commitment to D&I leadership. T-Mobile has hired 1,000 military veterans and their spouses on our way to our commitment of hiring 5,000 in five years. And T-Mobile is recognized for inclusion with perfect 100 scores in two rigorous indexes:
- The Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index, a perfect 100 score as one of the “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” four years in a row
- The Disability Equality Index, the first perfect 100 score as a Best Places to Work list for policies and practices that eliminate barriers for individuals with disabilities
To learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programs, visit our webpage.
Many families in the U.S. don’t have high-speed Internet at home. This problem is called the Digital Divide. But to succeed academically and compete in today’s digital world, every student needs equal access to online learning. Without this access, disconnected students can fall behind their wired peers, creating the Homework Gap.
Mobile access has the power to close the Homework Gap. T-Mobile plans to narrow the divide with EmpowerED™, a program that provides wireless devices and service plans to help students and schools succeed.
T-Mobile’s EmpowerED program provides off-campus devices and data plans to students at eligible schools and districts. To apply for the program or learn more about it, head to our EmpowerED™ page.